Responsible for the development of foodservice equipment for the airline Business Class cabin.
Understand the dynamics between food, hospitality and tableware to meet the customer expectations with the right product developments.
Responsible for new product development and the product development process.
- Involved in co-development projects with key airline customers. Collaboration, converting the customer need into a clear development
- understand the onboard hospitality/service and product lifecycle (crew, handling, passenger usage, operations, logistics, food….) & integrate this knowledge in the customer proposals
- Technical understanding of the involved products to be able to drive developments
- Being the contact person for all product related matters related to chinaware, stainless steel and glassware.
- Manage projects, and give direction especially to sales, design and procurement to create the best customer experience taking into account added value, cost, design and technical feasibility.
- Support sales in presentations to customers. (present, create communication tools…)
- Be the driver in proactive developments based on food, hospitality and equipment trends and understanding of the market, to grow the product range and to stay competitive.
- Define and gather inspiration related to hospitality, food and tableware for the front end of the organization as source of new developments
Responsible for the specifications of a product /development.
- Define specification of product solutions as input for the quotation process.
- Make sure the specifications are in line with the customer expectations on usage of the products, operations, logistics
- Responsible for the product sign off.
- Check if product/samples are in line with the agreed specifications.
- Adjust specs and products based on learnings from quality
- Propose specs changes to enhance profitability
- Support quality in finding the root causes and solutions for quality complaints.
- Understanding of tableware development related to hospitality and food trends.
- Translate airline customer/market expectations into a strong product solution both functional as appealing.
- Manage new developments.
- Combination of often ad hoc day to day activities with proactive development.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Background in hospitality or foodservice with a strong affinity for food equipment
- And/or Product development / Marketing/Engineering education – Master or similar by work experience
- 3-5 years of work experience in product management / product development would be beneficial.
- Product development process know-how. (how to develop a product, how to put it on the market…)
- Market knowledge in aviation food service is a big plus
Feeling and understanding of design (product design and graphical design) Experience in customer presentations and communication.
- Knowledge and interest in products/materials related to the product categories: chinaware, glassware, stainless steel, linen. (functionality, specifications, production processes)
- Project management skills
Analytical skills to perform product analysis and to define processes.
- Computer and software knowledge (powerpoint, excel, word) Knowledge of graphical software is a plus
- Customer and solution oriented mindset.
- Hands-on mentality.
- Open minded to be able to give different perspectives on problems, processes, techniques and products.
- Well organized, accurate team player with ability to function in cross-functional contexts (both as leader and team member)
- High presentation and communication skills (written and oral)
- Flexible, both in task diversification and in working hours
LANGUAGE AND TRAVEL
- Fluent English in speaking & writing
- Knowledge of Dutch is a big plus
- Flexibility for international travels. Primarily short trips.
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU
- Indefinite employment contract
- Market conform salary
- a great team and workplace
- creative environment
- flexible workhours