deSter, part of gategroup, designs and manufactures food packaging, serving both foodservice and airline customers worldwide. By capturing the customer’s unique style and individual needs we create innovative, functional and user-friendly packaging.
We have always had a strong focus on minimizing the environmental impact of our products. deSter has cultivated a working environment that focuses on improving the state-of-the-art. In this way, we have realized significant progress in delivering sustainable packaging. We identify the development of sustainable tableware and packaging for the circular economy as one of our key strategic initiatives.
Food packaging is currently one of the most dynamic transformational industries. deSter is therefore focusing on a transformation towards a complete circular product offering in order to achieve the ambitious global climate goals. In this exciting journey towards a sustainable world, we want to strengthen our design team with passionate graphic design talent to assist in our process of digitization and branding.
Play your part in our team succeeding
As a graphic designer you create and safeguard our visual identity and be part in our digital transition and creation of the marketing materials. As we approach our projects collaboratively in a lean way, you will work with a variety of other colleagues including other designers, product managers and salespeople, so you can feel comfortable from ideation to final execution you are designing the right thing.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Come up with striking concepts to promote our offering
- Present your ideas through words and visuals (moods, examples & references)
- Create graphic designs and see them through from concept to product.
- Be able to collaborate with other creative disciplines (e.g. organize photoshoots, brief 3D visualizers)
- Create online and offline product catalogs and promotion materials
- Understand and interpret briefings, and translate them into appealing product graphics and visuals.
- Guard and execute deSter’s corporate identity consistently across all communication and presentation materials.
- Continuously work to improve collaboration, workflow and dialogue with colleagues and customers
- Experiment with digital products to get validated feedback
- Help shaping our digital presence through UX / UI and web design
Do you have what it takes?
The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent, and has good English language skills. Preferably but not a must, 2 years of experience in graphic design for digital marketing and UI/UX.
You have proficient skills with the Adobe Suite (Ai, Ps, Id …), and are familiar with Microsoft Office.
Furthermore, it is an advantage if you have:
- Passion to design for different target groups.
- Easily adapt to different design styles.
- Ability to visualize your ideas through mood boards, sketches, etc.
- Animation skills with After Effects, or basic video editing skills are a plus!
- Interest in a specialization like vehicle livery, toy design, pop culture, storytelling, etc.
- Interest in consumer and marketing trends in the food scene.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Self-management – Planning and managing own tasks, time and deadlines.
- Thrives in a creative environment, where we succeed as a team.
- print technical understanding – flexoprint, pad print, spray paint, offset or equivalent technology valued.
- You speak and write English fluently
- At least one year of experience.
Language / Communication Skills:
- Fluent English in speaking & writing
- Knowledge of Dutch is a plus
This function reports to the Category Director Food Service
What we offer:
- A workplace in a growing business with a positive work atmosphere
- A global work environment yet where everyone knows each other
- We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture.
- Above all we believe in people, creating the right team spirit and environment for anyone to thrive and grow their talent.
- Attractive salary and remuneration with additional benefits