The Succession Planning and Career Development Specialist supports the organization to build sustainable competitive advantage from a people development perspective. She/He identifies, confirms and grows the talents across the entire organization, finding suitable challenges and opportunities for high potential and key employees. Where Succession Planning is carried out on a “top down” basis in response to organizational needs, Career Development is driven by the employee. The Specialist will bridge the gap between the two systems, improving engagement, reducing attrition and creating a positive culture that attracts more talents.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Succession Planning: identifying and nurturing talents to fill anticipated business critical positions; it is employer driven to ensure a highly skilled talent pool is available to replace departing employees.
- Career Development: the systematic process employees use to chart their own career development path within an organization, giving them autonomy and a sense of control over their career.
- Support Employees carry out a self-assessment of their own individual abilities, interests, career aspirations and goals, including evaluating and understanding their current skills and experience that can help them to identify roles which may fulfil their potential.
- Mapping multiple career options based on self-evaluation to enable career development focused on both short-term and long term career goals.
- Career counselling to ensure goals are realistic and an effective plan is created.
- Recommending career paths, job enhancement, vacancies and job rotations aligned to skills, goals and aspirations.
- Regarding Succession Planning, evaluating existing talent and future skills requirements, involving the whole organization to identify business critical roles and competencies and experience needed.
- Evaluating existing employees against requirements, identifying talents in terms of performance and potential for meeting future skills needs.
- Assess for each individual, the development needs and skills gaps required to take them to the next level.
- Enable Employees to be prepared for future promotions, focusing on experiences and projects.
- Prepare development plans identifying progress along the way, aligning skills with business goals and strategies.
- Understand what top performers value most to improve retention and improve company culture.
- Design the methodology and run assessment and development centres.
- Proposes talents to newly created challenging job vacancies.
- Implements succession tables and runs the system of rotations in the organization.
- Designs mentoring and coaching methodology, stimulating regular feedback from program participants, mentors and coaches.
- Builds the network of internal and external coaches and mentors.
- Bachelor or Master in HR related-field
- At least 2-5 years in soft HR position
Skills & Knowledge:
- Very good knowledge of English
- Experience of working in an international environment