For larger projects, the Project & Application Manager is a key member of the Steering committee, responsible for the execution of IT related tasks in these strategic projects.
The role is responsible for coordinating and delivering IT solutions to approved budget and schedule commitments, while meeting required quality and compliance standards.
This role requires strong organizational, and interpersonal skills. Especially important are skills and experience related to managing large scale technology deployments in complex business environments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and manage IT project plans in line with the overall business project plan.
- Manage and coordinate the project budgets, forecasts, tasks, schedules, risks, and status to support effective decisions and project reporting to stakeholders and steering committees.
- Manage and coordinate interdependencies between IT project work streams.
- Manage relationships with senior business leads and external IT partners to ensure the commitment to project objectives.
- Drive effective risk and issue management, ensuring IT processes are in place and effectively used; ensure problems are resolved and escalate as appropriate
- Build cohesive IT project team and provide the leadership necessary to maximize success
- Own project improvement plans and oversee execution of remediation plans
- Manage changes to IT project scope, ensure that all impacts and changes are approved and appropriately communicated to stakeholders and steering committees
- Develop and facilitate sustained service transition plans including controlled hand-over into support and maintenance
- Initial contact for specific applications when there are technical questions/bugs.
- Follow up on enhancement requests with internal or external partners.
- Perform administrative work on application inventory (maintain LeanIX).
- Own Interface between specific applications and Coordinate with Middleware team
- Coordinate enhancement request between Business Analyst, Business, Development team and perform administrative work to get change approvals.
- Evaluate new feature in business application and make sure business is aware of these enhancements.
- Monitor’s performance and coordinate upgrades of the applications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; IT, engineering or science disciplines preferred
- 10+ years of professional work experience
- 5+ years of solid project management experience
- Experience in estimating work efforts in a IT environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify technical impacts of user requirements and incorporate them into IT project plan
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects to timely completion
- Experience in technology management, knowledge management, project management, and quality management
- Demonstrated experience in managing software implementation / development projects
- Documented experience performing in a global and multicultural environment
- Documented experience in creating and maintaining project plans
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage schedules across different workstreams
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience supporting multiple projects and teams in a global program environment is highly advantageous
- Hands-on experience as a software architect or system analyst is advantageous
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- PMP certification is a plus
- ITIL certified is a plus
- Strong knowledge of project governance practices
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and decision-making skills
- Ability to execute highly complex or specialized projects
- Ability to identify and integrate all components and navigate change management.
- Demonstrated ability to identify technical impacts of business requirements and incorporate them into project efforts
- Ability to understand the depth of a change effort on impacted systems, structures, and processes.
- Above average facility with standard Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Above average facility with planning and collaboration applications: SharePoint, MS Teams, Jira
- In-depth knowledge of project management processes and techniques
Language / Communication Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to influence people and thought processes without direct authority
- Strong oral and written communication and analytical skills
- High confidence level and ability to remain calm and focused to enable teams to come to agreement on next steps
- Strong meeting facilitation and leadership skills
- Experience working with executives and director level management and speaking in business terms around impacts, progress, and next steps
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Fluent in written and spoken Dutch is a plus