As a Product Manager you effectively balance the customer expectations towards the commercial, technical and design aspects during product developments. There is a team of engineers, designers and manufacturing experts that will support you as a team, hence communication is important.
Responsible for new product development and the product development process
- You are Involved in co-development projects with our key customers. The Product Manager explores the needs and possibilities with the customer, translates them into a clear development to the rest of the organization, to then manage this development from beginning to end.
- A deep technical and operational understanding of food processors and QSR product (thermoforming, sealing applications, barriers, plastic materials…) to identify and implement the right product functionalities is an advantage.
- You understand the interests of the various stakeholders to make balanced decisions.
- Project management skills are key. You manage projects, and give direction especially to sales, design, engineering, quality and procurement … to create the best customer solution.
- Support sales in presentations to customers and create a level of excitement.
- Outline the product development strategy for specific markets: gather customer, market, competitor and supplier information to identify next (proactive) product developments.
- Ensure the product catalog is up to date
- Retain high level of market, technical and product knowledge
Responsible for the specifications of a product /development
- Define specification of product solutions as input for the deal making process.
- Make sure the specifications are in line with the customer expectations on usage of the products, operations, logistics
- Responsible for the product approval process
- Adjust specs and products based on learnings from quality
- Propose specs changes to enhance profitability
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Product development /Engineering education – Master or similar by work experience
Minimum 5 years of work experience in product management / product development / product engineering
- Technical knowledge on food packaging products: thermoforming, injection molding, plastic materials, hotmeal solutions, sealing applications, barriers…. (functionality, specifications, production processes)
- Product development process know-how. (how to develop a product, how to put it on the market…)
- Market knowledge: Food service and Food Processors
- Feeling and understanding of design (product/graphical design)
Clear presentation and communication skills (written and oral)
- Project management skills
- Analytical skills to perform product analysis and to define processes.
- Computer and software knowledge (powerpoint, excel, word)
- Customer and solution-oriented mindset. Entrepreneurial attitude,
- You have an open mind and offer different perspectives on problems related to customers, products, processes and production techniques
- Team player with ability to function in cross-functional contexts (both as leader and team member)
- Down to earth, able to get along with manufacturing workers, customers and direct colleagues
Flexible, both in task diversification and in working hours
- Take ownership and responsibility
- Well organized, accurate
LANGUAGE AND TRAVEL
- Fluent English in speaking & writing
- Knowledge of Dutch is a plus
- Willingness to travel internationally. Mostly short trips.
This function reports to the Category Director Food Service
WHAT WE OFFER
- A workplace in a growing business with a positive work atmosphere
- A global work environment yet where everyone knows each other
- Attractive salary and remuneration with additional benefits
Contract: Indefinite contract and market conform salary