gategroup’s brand deSter is the unchallenged leader in food and comfort presentation concepts and onboard service equipment for the travel industry and is also a producer for leading companies in the retail and food service market. Whether you search for a contemporary tableware setting or a unique gift proposition, we answer your needs with compelling product and service solutions across all cabin classes.
deSter is looking for a Product Development Manager Muse comfort & collectable productsto strengthen the Front Cabin product management team.
Create a vision on comfort and collectable products onboard. Steer proactive and responsive concept development as well as manage the product portfolio to meet the customer expectations and to impact the profitability and competitiveness of the product ranges.
- Responsible for new product development and the product development process.
- Leading or involved in co-development projects with key customers. Collaboration, converting the customer need into a clear development
- Understand the Luxury goods market and the needs of First/Business Class travelers to translate this into the proper comfort and gifting offering onboard
- Deeply understand the onboard service and product lifecycle (crew handling, passenger usage, operations, logistics….) & integrate this knowledge in the customer proposals
- Manage projects, and give direction to product development, sales, design and sourcing/procurement to create the best customer solution taking into account added value, cost, design and technical feasibility.
- Present to customers as the expert in Front Cabin propositions. (present, create communication tools…)
Know all the ins and outs of the assigned product portfolio in combination with good understanding of the different market segments to answer customer questions.
Define and gather key info for the front end of the organization and makes sure it is regularly updated:
- Product catalog, standard solutions, customization options
Responsible for the specifications of a product /development
- Define specification of product solutions as input for the quotation process.
- Make sure the specifications are in line with the customer expectations on usage of the products, operations, logistics
- Responsible for the product approval. Check if product/samples are in line with the agreed specifications.
- Adjust specs and products based on learnings from quality
- Propose specs changes to enhance profitability
Support quality in finding the root causes and solutions for quality complaints
The person will report to the Category Director Front Cabin.
- Fast track learning: build up product knowledge and market understanding in a very short period.
- Translate customer / market expectations into a strong product solution.
- Responsibility on the specifications and the product approval process
- Combination day to day activities with proactive development
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Product development / Marketing/Fashion education – Master or similar by work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in product management / product development
- Product development process know-how. (how to develop a product, how to put it on the market…)
- Ability to sample yourself the ideas in products (i.e. amenity pouches) is a big plus
- Market knowledge in luxury goods is a big plus
- Feeling and understanding of design (product design and graphical design)
Experience in customer presentations and communication.
- Knowledge and/or interest in products/materials related to the product categories: fabrics, plastics, cardboard, paper, sustainable materials to replace plastics,… (functionality, specifications, production processes)
- Project management skills
- Analytical skills to perform product analysis and to define processes.
- Computer and software knowledge (powerpoint, excel, word)
Knowledge of graphical software is a plus
- Customer and solution oriented mindset.
- Fast track learner
- Open minded to be able to give different perspectives on problems, processes, techniques and products.
- Well organized, accurate and detailed project management skills
- Team player with ability to function in cross-functional contexts (both as leader and team member)
High presentation and communication skills (written and oral)
- Flexible, both in task diversification and in working hours
- Show of ownership and responsibility
LANGUAGE AND TRAVEL
Fluent English in speaking & writing
Knowledge of Dutch is a big plus
Willingness to travel internationally. (approximately 35% of the total time)
indefinite contract and market conform salary