As Junior Product Manager Foodservice you support the product managers during the complete cycle of product development, to translate customer requirements into a final product with the right specifications, cost-balanced and within the given time frame.
Next to customer specific developments projects you support the team in keeping the standard product offer up to date. From scouting the market for new content (pro-active) to pricelists and data-analyses.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist/support customer & market driven (co-) developments through design thinking and lean startup experimentation
- Support in operations (final) test-runs, evaluations and sampling to customers
- Connect with internal Sourcing for outsourced products on quantities, prices and sampling
- Support in the development and creation of the Marketing & Sales Tool Kit
- Alignment with internal various stakeholders from sales, design, engineering, quality to procurement to gather (technical) information for input to make balanced decisions in ongoing projects.
- Product development / Engineering education – Master or similar by work experience
- 1-2 years of work experience in product management / product development / product engineering
- Product development process know-how. (how to develop a product, how to put it on the market…)
- Market knowledge: Food service and Food Processors
- Basic technical knowledge on food packaging products: thermoforming, injection molding, plastic materials, hot-meal solutions, sealing applications, barriers…. (functionality, specifications, production processes)
- Feeling and understanding of design (product/graphical design)
- Clear presentation and communication skills (written and oral)
- Analytical skills to perform product analysis and to define processes.
- Computer and software knowledge (PowerPoint, excel, word)
- Language skills: English (Professional), Dutch (nice to have)
What we offer
Joining deSter means you will become a part of an innovative company with sustainability at heart and colleagues & customers globally. Besides competitive salary and benefits, we also offer hybrid way of working (office/remote) and a team of colleagues that have a passion & enthusiasm for what they do.