To provide full support to the HR Team, management and employees ensuring both Company and departmental standards are met. To assist in providing a wide range of HR Support and advice on recruitment, terminations and employee relations
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide administrative support for the HR Business Partners / Payroll & HR Officer, prioritising own workload and advising in good time if deadlines cannot be met.
- To carry out all HR administration duties as required. This will include (amongst others) recruitment/on boarding, terminations/off boarding, staff movements, occupational health, and supporting with employee relations cases such as disciplinaries, grievances and capability meetings etc. (arranging meetings, taking and typing notes, sending out relevant correspondence).
- To support, whenever required, the HR team in the on boarding of employees directly involved in the business operation, such as Operators, Techinicians etc. This will include producing job offer forms, offer letters and contracts and managing the individual’s on boarding.
- To maintain employee personnel files and electronic records (in compliance with GDPR) and carry out any other ad hoc filing as required.
- To ensure consistency of approach in administration documents, templates and procedures across the business.
- Respond to day to day queries received in HR from internal and external customers.
- To cover the phones for incoming queries and process incoming and outgoing mail.
- To advise and support management and employees as required.
- To generate reports from HRIS database – Workday – as requested.
- To ensure relevant HR information is collated and provided to gategroup as and when required.
- To carry out other ad hoc HR or employment-related duties as required.
- To participate and support in wider HR projects as and when required.
- Bachelor in HR- related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience of working in a similar role, particularly in relation to high levels of accuracy when inputting information onto the HR database and generating employee paperwork such as contracts and offers of employment.
- Familiarity with blue & white collars.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, high-volume work and complex HR environment.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Being flexible and “can do” attitude.
- Must demonstrate integrity, confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Ability to work efficiently and use own initiative.
- Good ability to process and prioritise large volumes of information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Very good verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Proactive and flexible attitude.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) – for Excel experience with vlookup and pivot tables
- Experience of using data management systems – knowledge of Workday or any other HRIS system is a plus
- Understanding of relevant legislation.
Geographic Responsibility: HGS
Type of Employment: Temporary, Full-time
Travel %: 0
Internal Relationships: HGS and UK&I HR Team, Employees, Line Managers
External Relationships: Agencies, Referencing companies
Budget / Revenue Responsibility: None
Direct Line Manager (Title): HR Manager deSter
Dotted Line Manager (Title):
Number of Direct Reports: None
Number of Dotted Line Reports: 0
Estimated Total Size of Team: n/a