A Product Developer with a strong technical background in cardboard food packaging combined with commercial feeling.
Manage and execute cardboard & ovenable developments from initial idea to final delivery and effectively balance the commercial, technical and design aspects during these new product developments.
Key area of focus will be cardboard food packaging products for buy on board, developed in cooperation with related food processors, but will also include plastic product developments
Responsible for new product development and the product development process.
- Converting the initial idea into a clear development
- Collaboration with cardboard suppliers, procurement, sales and design
- Understand the onboard service and product lifecycle (crew handling, passenger usage, operations, logistics….) & integrate this knowledge in the developments
- Being the contact person for all technical matters related to cardboard packaging
- Manage projects from initial idea to final delivery of the product and create the best customer solution, considering added value, cost, design and technical feasibility.
- Give support where needed (e.g. to the food processor) during the implementation
- Support presentations. (special specifications, specific selling points …)
- Involved in co-development projects with the gate group Innovation Centre and airline customers.
Responsible for the specifications of the product/development
- The jobholder is responsible for the specification of the product and responsible for the product drawing, both as input for the quotation process towards suppliers
- Make sure the specifications are in line with the customer expectations on look and feel, usage of the products, operations and logistics
- Responsible for the product approval and introduction of the product. Check if product/samples are in line with the agreed specifications.
- Adjust specifications and products based on learnings from quality
- Propose specs changes to enhance profitability
- Support quality in finding the root causes and solutions for quality complaints
The person will report to the Senior Product Developer Fiber based Products deSter
Strong technical background and market understanding
Translate customer / market expectations into a strong product solution.
Combination of, often ad hoc, day to day activities with proactive developments.
Manage the specifications and the product approval process
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Product development or Engineering education – Master or similar by work experience
work experience in product development
Strong knowledge of cardboard food packaging
Product development process know-how. (how to develop a product, how to put it on the market…) Knowledge of printing techniques
Knowledge of injection moulding and thermoforming is a plus
Market knowledge in aviation food service is a plus
Feeling and understanding of design (product design and graphical design) Experience in customer presentations and communication.
Project management skills
Computer and software knowledge (powerpoint, excel, word) Knowledge of ArtiosCAD design software is a big plus
Knowledge of graphical software is a plus
Customer and solution oriented mindset.
Open minded to be able to give different perspectives on problems, processes, techniques and products.
Well organized, accurate
Team player, with ability to function in cross-functional contexts. Flexible, both in task diversification and in working hours
Show of ownership and responsibility
LANGUAGE AND TRAVEL
Fluent English in speaking & writing
Knowledge of Dutch is a big plus Willingness to travel internationally. Mostly short trips. (approximately 10% of the total time)