In this job you become part of the Sustainability ESG team of deSter. This team is responsible for managing the social and environmental impact of the company on its entire supply chain. One of the main pillars is the ambition of deSter to become Net zero carbon in its entire operations. Your job exists in managing and executing the carbon reduction plan to meet this ambition. Next to that, you also implement actions on waste reduction, resource management and biodiversity.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the CO2 reduction strategy, implementation of appropriate measurements and reporting on them, to reduce deSter’s CO2 emissions in line with its Net Zero CO2 ambitions.
- Collects and interprets the appropriate data based on the GHG protocol.
- Researches and recommends required Carbon emission reduction initiatives considering the financial impact and related investments
- Responsible for the framework and improvements in waste reduction, resource management and biodiversity related to deSter’s global production sites and offices.
- Advises and assists other departments on sustainability topics and issues.
- Contributes to the overall ESG strategy and reporting.
Skills and experience
- University / High School degree in Sustainability and Climate change
- Bachelor / Master studies combined with relevant on job experience in sustainability
- At least 2-3 years experience or more in a business environment
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
Any certification related to Carbon reduction is a plus.
- High interest in sustainability and motivated to make a positive impact
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ensure efficient and effective communication with relevant stakeholders on the progress of projects & strategy, taking appropriate action in case of conflicts, if any.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of GHG emission calculations is a plus
- Flexible, both in task diversification and in working hours
- T-shape thinking: combines excellent knowledge of/skills in Carbon reduction with a broad interest whilst being good at working with others in a collaborative way
- Take ownership, work both in team as independently
Language / Communication Skills:
- English is a must, both verbally and in writing
- Dutch is seen as a plus
- Any other modern language is seen as a plus