deSter is looking for a Brand Manager First and Business Class to strengthen the Front Cabin innovation team.
The jobholder will be developing and managing the brand portfolio within the Front Cabin business related to strategic customers and key airline projects worldwide, including the world of comfort, gifting and dining experiences.
In coordination with the Front Cabin Category Director, the jobholder is developing the brand and marketing strategy and objectives for the comfort and tableware proposition worldwide; to develop and to maintain partnerships and collaboration agreements with upmarket and luxurious cosmetic, fashion, soft good brands, tableware and broader Front Cabin related experience brands.
There will be a natural and constant interaction with Design, Product Management, Sales and Operational departments of the Front Cabin Innovation team and gategroup as well as to be the main liaison between deSter Front Cabin and brand partners.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Team expert on brands and managing brand portfolio.
- To remain up to date on market trends and brands related to comfort and tableware business.
- develop the brand portfolio and brand partnerships with new brands and develop the portfolio in line with the marketing plan and the sales strategy.
- To manage existing brand partnerships in terms of product selection, quality, pricing and customer positioning.
- Practically manage relevant key projects internally and in assistance towards the airline customer.
- To provide a source of knowledge for Sales and Customer Service and the full innovation team (design, product management, product development)
- Find sponsoring contracts with brands for key customers in order to enhance brand product proposal.
- Liaise with the Front Cabin team worldwide to implement new brand developments.
- Brand relationship management.
- To develop market and customer driven brand product portfolio for the key airline customers.
- To manage and develop business plans with the brand partner.
- Liaise with brand partners for all issues prior to order placement.
- Maintain and continuously improve the way of working with the brand partners.
- Project Management of major tenders.
- To drive key projects worldwide in terms of product expertise and presentations.
- Assign the right brands and develop creative ideas (in collaboration with design and product management) for customers.
- Assistance or in some cases coordination in project managing the response to major tenders ensuring that all information, quotations and samples are assembled by the deadline within the defined region.
- Coordinate and develop sales tools and promotional materials.
- External marketing and promotion of Front Cabin Innovation.
- Coordinate major marketing events, such as trade shows.
- Develop communication material for industry media.
- Manage industry award submissions.
Fast track learning: build up product knowledge and market understanding in a very short period.
Translate customer / market expectations into a strong product solution.
Responsibility on the specifications and the product approval process, in close collaboration with PM.
Combination day to day activities with proactive development
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master degree in marketing, product design or equivalent
- Min 4 years of experience in an equivalent business environment
- Good presentation skills
Language / Communication Skills:
- Fluent English in speaking & writing
- Knowledge of Dutch is a big plus
- Positive, optimistic attitude
- Affinity with luxury environments and according brands perception
- Self-motivating / inspiring and independent worker
- Confident and empowered to ensure a professional commercial approach to suppliers and customers
- Customer and solution oriented mindset.
- Fast track learner
- Open minded to be able to give different perspectives on problems, processes, techniques and products.
- Well organized, accurate
- Team player with ability to function in cross-functional contexts (both as leader and team member)
- High presentation and communication skills (written and oral)
- Flexible, both in task diversification and in working hours
- Show of ownership and responsibility
- Knowledge and/or interest in products/materials related to the product categories: chinaware, glassware, stainless steel, linen, cosmetics, skincare, wellbeing, fashion.
- Sense for beauty and aesthetics
- Market knowledge in aviation food service is a big plus
- Product development process know-how. (how to develop a product, how to put it on the market…)
- Computer and software knowledge (powerpoint, excel, word)
Knowledge of graphical software is a plus
Type of Employment: Full-time
Travel %: 40-50%
Internal Relationships: Management Team,Sales, Product, Design, PMO, GGIC
External Relationships: Customers, Brand Partners and Suppliers