The account manager will be in the commercial team for the European Travel business unit. He/she will coordinate the relationships between different stakeholders, both internal and external, during the entire business development and contract management processes including projects, tenders, price reviews, etc. The Account Manager will be a mediator between our valued customers and the different internal departments across our business including the customer service, product management, quality and finance teams.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fully coordinate all incoming inquiries
- Create and coordinate internal processes, e.g. following the internal process requirements involved in making quotations.
- Create, send and follow up on quotations in coordination with the Business Development Manager
- Coordinate commercial sampling
- To manage and be responsible for the introduction process of new product launches
- Coordinate calls/meetings, lead the action points and follow up with all stakeholders to meet introduction expectations
- Responsible for contract management (periodic price reviews, bonuses, etc.)
- Maintain robust Service Level Agreements contractually agreed with customers in coordination with the Customer Services department.
- Handle product complaints including customer communication and coordination with internal quality department and other stakeholders.
- Occasional domestic and international travel for customer visits and networking.
- Motivate and inspire the internal stakeholders to continuously improve and deliver the customer requirements
- Successfully completed secondary school education and / or preferably a college degree in Finance, Marketing or Communication.
- Min. 2-3 years’ work experience in a commercial back-office function
- • Proven customer account management
- • Solid financial insight is required
- • Project Management experience
- Commercially minded – Ability to understand and develop financial and pricing models and business cases
- • Able to build effective working relationships with customers, service partners and colleagues
- • Focused on continuous improvement and able to develop ideas into action.
- • Able to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- • Self-motivated, resilient, results focused and action oriented.
- • Good relator and able to think and act flexibly.
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Literacy in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and ERP systems like Triton, Navision or SAP
Language / Communication Skills:
- Excellent language skills, fluent in English, Dutch, German or French (oral and written)
- Type of Employment: Full Time
- Travel %: Willing to travel (5-10% of time)
- Business Development manager, Product Management, Procurement, Customer Services, Finance, Legal, Logistics, Manufacturing, Management Team
Work Environment / Requirements of the Job: n.a.
Direct Line Manager (Title): Manager Key Account and Customer Services, dotted line to Sales